Tuesday, May 18, 2010

10K here I come

It's been a long time but I'm back! Last Friday I had a big accomplishment, running a 5K (around my neighborhood) in 30 minutes! I still had one more week of 5K training to go but I decided it was time to move on to the 10K training this week. It seems a little odd that to start this training I am backing down on my miles but I know I will build up and be even stronger than I was. The 5k training was all about putting a certain amount of minutes in a week, the 10k training is all about miles.

This morning wasn't the best morning to kick it off as it was a little chilly, windy, and spitting rain. Regardless of the weather puppy was ready to go so we headed out. I felt like since I was backing down the miles I was running I should probably try and run it a little faster and I was so happy to find out that I finished my 1.5 miles in under 14 minutes, which equals 9 minute miles! I definitely couldn't sustain that pace for much longer than my run today because I was gassed by the end but it feel good to know that I pushed myself a little harder this morning.

I now have two running buddies that I couldn't do without; Mr. Oliver and My nike+ running "coach". It's great to have someone (or rather something) telling you your distance in your ear as your going. Very very motivating!

Here's to another great week of being a "runner"

No comments:

Post a Comment