Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's official

Well it is most definitely official. I'm a registered runner for the 2011 Nashville 1/2 marathon on April 30th. Not only am I registered but the hotel and flights are booked and we are ready to rock n roll. Now for 16 long weeks of training. I've got a lot of different emotions going on right now with this run. I'm really excited that i've commited to it but i'm also scared to death. There are parts of me that thinks I just can't do this but then I talk myself into the fact that I can do anything with training. I have to get in to the right mind set in order to make this the enjoyable experience that I am hoping for. I keep telling myself over and over again that all I want to do is finish within the 4 hour time frame and while there is a lot of truth to that I know mysel well enough to know that if I don't finish it running across the finish line I'll be disappointed.

A few good things that I know will help me get through this is the fact that 2 of my best friends are also running this marathon with me. I'm so happy and grateful to have both Laura and Treena to run with, to help motivate, and to hold me accountable. At the end of the day I don't want to let myself or either of them down.

3 miles in the snowly blowy cold tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment