Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Intimidation

So this week is apparently all about intimidation. It's week 2 of my 5k training and right now I'm not feeling all that comfortable. After a two day rest (and lots of beer in Milwaukee) Oliver and I headed out on Monday for our run of 7/1 x 4. The first 7 minutes of the run was fine, I walked it out for a minute and started up with the next 7. This did not go over so well and about 4 minutes in my legs just started cramping up and just hurt. I pushed through the 7 and then walked 2 minutes to stretch the legs out. The next 7 seemed to go okay and the last 7 was pure hell again. I got home and did a lot of stretching and used yesterday as a rest day as well.

Tonight will be my 45 minutes of cross training during my soccer game and tomorrow I'll hit the pavement for my 2nd run of the week, another 7/1 x 4. I don't know why I do this to myself but after the not so great run on Monday I'm pretty nervous and intimidated to do this run on Thursday and my final run of the week, 8/1 x 4, on Saturday. I want this so badly and just have to keep pushing through. I guess the positive is that I pushed through and finished and my lungs could handle the run.

Any words of wisdom or advice on how to get rid of these pains in my legs?

No comments:

Post a Comment