Friday, April 2, 2010

TGIF...

I'm not even sure where this week has gone but the gorgeous weather has definitely made it go by quickly. Week 1 of the 5k training went great. Monday and Tuesday were perfect days to head out and to 5/1 x 5. I think the dog is even getting the hang of running and doesn't try to pull me into a ditch every 2 ft. It's hard to blame him though since he is A LOT faster than I am.

The nice thing with the 5k program is that it is three days of running and one day of 45 minute cross training. I joined an indoor soccer team with my mom a couple of months ago so until indoor season is over i'm using my Wednesday nights for cross training. Playing soccer is seriously one of the best workouts I have ever had. So after two nights of running I was off to my soccer game. We played the best team in our league, and a team that really shouldn't even be in our league so the game was a tough on. It became even tougher when I thought it would be a good idea to block a goal shot with my face. Luckily I was more shocked than hurt, eventhough I had one heck of a headache!

I've also learned through this running program that rest days are essential. Thursday was a much needed rest day as my legs were shot from the runs and soccer. So in true "resting" fashion" I was out in the yard for a couple hours raking and getting ready to fertilize. I forgot how much "work" yard work really was!

My final run came this morning, 6/1 x 5. Morning runs never really seem to go my way but after today I have a newfound love for them... I think. It was a gorgeous run watching the sunrise and a perfect way to end the week.

I'm proud to say that I'm 4 weeks in to this whole running thing and although I can't see the results I can definitely feel them. This is the longest amount of time that I've commited myself to running (without a bootcamp instructor yelling at me to do it)!

Dale and I are off to Milwaukee for the weekend to ctch up with some friends, see some baseball, and take some much needed "rest" time. Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment