Monday, March 29, 2010

It's a new week....

Dale and I had an awesome weekend that was off to a great start as soon as I got home on Friday night. Dale's brother and sister-in-law, Scott and Treena, came to town for a visit with the best 17 month old that I know Dane. We had a great night Friday playing with Dane and enjoying some good Michigan micro brew's while cheering Michigan State on to the Elite 8. Let's be serious, we enjoyed more than just a "few" brews which made Saturday a little interesting.

Saturday was slated to be my final day of my "3 weeks to a 30 day running program" with a final run of 5/1 x 5. After the evening of fun of course I woke up a little foggy and the last thing I wanted to do was go for a run. I take that back, I wanted to I just wasn't sure I could. Thank goodness for my siste in law! Treena and I threw on our running clothes and went out fo a quick morning jaunt. It was a perfect way to start the day (and surprisingly helped the mini hangover) and a perfect way to end my 3 week training. The run felt great and I wish that Treena lived right down the street so we could do that everyday (that among many other reasons, she's the best!). The rest of our weekend was spent heading to Grand Rapids to see the butterflies at Frederik Meijer Gardens, heading to a brewery, shopping, UFC fighting, lots of good playing with Dane, and of course cheering MSU in to the FINAL FOUR!

It's a start to a new week and I'm now starting a 5K training program. This program will be 8 weeks long and my first run of the night will be a repeat of Saturday 5/1 x 5. Now I suppose I should look for a 5k to run in 2 months!

Thanks again to Scott and Treena for making the trip down! We love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment