Saturday, March 5, 2011

No Pain No Gain

7 miles down 6.1 to go! After missing two long runs thanks to bronchitis I dusted off the new running shoes (how sad is it that they already collected dust) and went out for a long run yesterday. Old Man Winter gave us a break yesterday and we had a great day for outside running. It was about 50 degrees, partly sunny, with a little bit of a sprinkle here and there. I had only planned on doing 5 but once I started running I knew I wanted to push myself and get back on track to where I should be right now. I was also excited because this longer run gave me the opportunity to start to test out some energy gels/chews. Those things really do work to give you a bit of an extra boost. I think I may need to take them every mile though ;) 6.2 mi to 7 miles was definitely tough and by the end I didn't think my legs could move anymore but I did it. I took a few very short (30 sec or less) walking breaks about 5 or 6 times and that definitely helped get me to the end. It feels great to sort of "jump" right back in after missing a couple of weeks. I'm really in need of a short run today though to loosen up these legs!

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment