Thursday, February 10, 2011

G.I. Jane

I by no means am comparing myself to G.I. Jane in this post; although I wish I was as much of a bad ass as Demi Moore was in this movie. This movie was my saviour during today's hill workout. I recently have read on a few posts about the Nashville 1/2 that it can get quite hilly. This threw me for quite the loop as I hadn't planned on running a hilly marathon for my first. Instead of letting myself get scared and nervous about the hills I may hit in 12 weeks I decided I better start preparing for it. I'm thinking (and hoping) that doing one hill workout a week will be enough.

I hate hills but I also hate treadmill running and I've been stuck on the treadmill for every run this week thanks to the negative temperatures outside. I went on a search today to find a good treadmill hill workout in hopes that it might spice up my workout as well. This is what I ended up using:

5 min warm up run
2 min @2%
1min @0%
2min @ 4%
1 min @ 0%
2 min @ 6%
1 min @ 0%

I continued this set up until I reached my 3.5 miles for the day (Nike + read 3.74) and I was shocked at how quickly the time seemed to go. I'm actually pretty excited about doing a hill workout once a week on a treadmill after the success I had today.

It's been a good week on the running scene for me getting every workout in this week. I think I'll have to reward myself with a couple of new songs for the play list for this Saturday's 6 miler.

No comments:

Post a Comment