Monday, February 7, 2011

Gluttony



Gluttony, derived from the Latin gluttire meaning to gulp down or swallow, means over-indulgence and over-consumption of food, drink, or intoxicants to the point of waste. In some Christian denominations, it is considered one of the seven deadly sins—a misplaced desire of food or its withholding from the needy




Gluttony is my middle name today. Super Bowl Sunday was a big day at our house and I now have a big stomach to show for it. We are huge Packers fans and I feel that our menu of cheese and beer helped get the Lombardi Trophy back home. My doctor may have other thoughts on that when I go for a visit later today! Here is a photo of us pre-game...I know I know, our poor dog!



All in all it was a fantastic Super Bowl Sunday and I'm going to try really hard to not beat myself up for over indulging last night. It's not every day that my favorite NFL team wins the Super Bowl!
In other news today starts the official training for the Nashville Half Marathon. 12 weeks and counting! No more slacking off; it's time to get myself motivated and make sure I check off every scheduled workout that I have. I'm thinking of starting a "reward" system for myself. Something along the lines of every week that I do all of my workouts and I can buy some new music from itunes; 4 weeks of workouts and manicure time, 8 weeks of workouts and pedicure time, 12 weeks of workouts and momma gets a new pair of jeans to wear out in Nashville after the half! Something along those lines at least. Here is what this week's workouts look like:
Mon: Stretch and Strength
Tues: 3.25 mi
Wed: Cross Train
Thurs: 3.5 mi/strength
Fri: Off
Sat: 6 miles
For any other runners out there, what motivates you to keep going?








1 comment:

  1. Cheese and beer. Sounds awesome!

    I cannot call myself a runner. I got only one week into C25k before getting really sick. But I'm on the mend and ready to pick it back up! I asked the same question and got some great answers though. Some of my favorite were the faster you run, the sooner you're done. Another good one was if you let yourself quit, that can become a habit, so just don't ever let yourself quit. Ever.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete