Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Perfect Winter Day

Today was a good day, a great day actually. It was one of those very rare beautiful, sunny, Michigan winter days. It's one of those days that makes you want to get outside and soak up some Vitamin D even though it's still chilly out. After running around most of the afternoon getting geared up for the Super Bowl I came home and layered up for a run. I was planning on running 3 miles and then finishing up the last 2 miles with a 5:1 run/walk ratio. From the second the run started I knew it was going to be "one of those runs." One of those perfect runs to be exact. The temperature felt right, the sun was shining and making little diamonds reflect off the snow. My play list was rocking and everything just felt right. Before I knew it I had hit the 4 mile mark and knew I couldn't stop now.

For only the second time in my life I ran 5 miles straight. It was one of those days that made me think, " I actually can run a half-marathon."

Cheers to finally having the "perfect" run!

5 miles 10:04/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment